Sunday, August 13, 2006

Too Healthy

13 August 2006-
Jerusalem's Organic Kitchen & Burgers: 1897 Solano Avenue in Berkeley
Cost: $6.95 (niman ranch cheese burger, fries extra)

Image Source: blogger's own

Another burger enthusiast recommended Jerusalem's Organic Kitchen & Burgers at the top of Solano Avenue in Berkeley / Albany. As the name suggests, it's faithful to serving organic / sustainable food like free range chicken and Niman Ranch beef. It turns out, however, that "organic" is not synonymous with "quality" or "good-tasting", necessarily.

I think the restaurant specializes more in falafels and mediterranean food. Nonetheless, they pledge Niman Ranch beef so I figured they probably also do good burgers. I tried ordering a cheeseburger with bacon, but to no avail. I ordered a cheeseburger with fries, and waited for them to ask me for my grilling preference, also to no avail.

Verdict: Has anyone ever ordered a burger that smelled like manure? It happens to me on occasion, including today. Let's just say, I'm not a big fan of the smell. Luckily, the burger didn't taste like manure too. But I have to admit, the burger seriously lacked some flavor. It was served medium-well, though it did emit some juices, but it really lacked taste. Even the fixings seemed pretty bland, as did the fries and the organic ketchup. I don't recommend organic ketchup.

No comments: