Sunday, August 27, 2006

Famous for Ribs?

27 August 2006-
Tony Roma's: 55 Washington Street at Jack London Square in Oakland
http://www.tonyromas.com/files/home.asp
Cost: $7.99 (bacon cheeseburger, two sides included)

Image Source: blogger's own

I spent the better part of Sunday afternoon drinking beers and reading outside at Heinold's First and Last Chance Saloon at Jack London Square. When it was time for dinner, I moseyed over to Tony Roma's to check to see whether they served burgers. I understand the restaurant is "famous" for their ribs - though it's a national chain; honestly I'm not much of a rib fan. Fortunately, they also served burgers. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with swiss and a side of fries and corn.

Verdict: When my order arrived, I instinctually dove into the corn and the fries, which is typically the process. The corn on the cob was delicious, and the garlic fries were light and crispy. By the time I was ready for the burger, I realized there weren't any condiments on the burger, it was also missing the bacon, and the bun wasn't toasted.

The quality of the patty was pretty decent, but I seriously thought the sides were a much more enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, a toasted bun versus an untoasted bun can make or break an enjoyable burger experience, in my opinion.

No comments: