Wednesday, August 30, 2006

"Rare" Please, not "Raw"

30 August 2006-
Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe: 4081 Hollis Street in Emeryville
http://www.rudyscantfailcafe.com/
Cost: $8.95 (bacon cheeseburger, fries included)

Image Source: blogger's own

Image Source: blogger's own

Today, I was on a quest to find the elusive Red Robin in the South Bay, to no luck. On my way back to headquarters, I swung by Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe as a past recommendation from another burger enthusiast (BE).

Admittedly, I was pretty famished by the time I arrived at Rudy's. As it happened, dinner at Rudy's would be my first meal of the day. I ordered their bacon cheeseburger with swiss and chose fries as the side. As for grilling preference, I specified "rare".

Verdict: My first impression of the burger was the complexion of the patty. I have never seen the outside of a hamburger patty served at such a pale, pink hue. The rest of the burger looked really limp, including a meager portion of bermuda onions, and really sparce presentation of fries. Also, the bun was only lightly toasted.

In comparison to the two past burgers, Rudy's burger is really no contest. The "rare" patty at Rudy's was very dry and bland. The fries tasted exactly like Carls Jr.'s fries.

No comments: