Sunday, July 30, 2006

Luka's Sunday Soul Brunch

30 July 2006-
Luka's Taproom and Lounge~:
2221 Broadway at Grand in Oakland
http://www.lukasoakland.com/
Cost: $12.50 (bacon cheeseburger, fries included)
~ Honorable Mention

Image Source: blogger's own

Luka's Sunday Soul Brunch is a great way to enjoy the great culinary cuisine that makes it one of my favorite restaurants in Oakland (still, what do I know, I've only ordered burgers, but I've been observing the other quality dishes every time I go). Add a couple of devoted rare groove, soul djs: Wisdom and Advance, and you've got a great atmosphere in which to either shake your booty or tune into some great hidden treasures. Luka's Sunday Soul Brunch occurs 11 am to 3 pm every Sunday.

While my friends consistently order their breakfast/brunch menu, I've been adamant thus far about ordering bacon cheeseburgers exclusively. I suspect that the chefs have been reading my blog, because I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with gruyere, "rare" - and I was served the rarest burger this time at Luka's.

I was surprised there weren't that many burger juices, in fact none at all - in contrast to previous experiences. It was still tasty, unlike some other really rare burgers I've described in past postings. However, I think I'm going to opt for a "medium-rare" next time, if there is a next time.

Mark my words: I'm going to try to start exploring their delicious menu in the future. Anyone have any recommendations?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my beer! Nice work. Are you really eating two, three of these a day?