Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Points for Originality

7 November 2007-
Ducca: 50 Third Street in San Francisco
http://www.duccasf.com/
Cost: $12.00 (bacon cheeseburger, fries included)

Image Source: blogger's own

It was part one of a two part farewell lunch session for my dear friend, best, burger enthusiast commentator a burger blogger could ever hope for. I made reservations at Ducca SF in downtown SF's Westin Hotel. At the time, Daniel Libeskind's Contemporary Jewish Museum was still under construction directly adjacent to the outside courtyard. I knew that this was going to be a unique plaza, and therefore, a prime location for this restaurant / bar and hence the perfect location for this lunch and burger survey.

There were seven of us, and we all order the Ducca burger which was very pleasing to my satisfaction. I decided to splurge on the sparkling water too, a decision which ended up costing me close to the cost of the burger (quite expensive for a bottle).

Verdict: Despite requesting a "medium-rare bacon cheeseburger", the burger patty seemed quite "meaty" and "a lot to take in" - also, it was quite "unusual". I think the seven of us debated whether this "meatloaf" burger was in fact a "burger". However, the presentation and polenta fries (which look and tasted kind of like french toast) were quite visually impressive. The patty was quite thick, but there was a lot of extra seasoning, and "infill" to the patty which my taste buds did not completely agree with.

No comments: