Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lunch at the Ferry Building

25 June 2006-
Taylor's Refresher: 1 Ferry Plaza along the Embarcadero in San Francisco
http://www.taylorsrefresher.com/
Cost: $7.99 (bacon cheeseburger, fries extra)

Image Source: blogger's own

I was in the office on Sunday and just intended on staying for a few minutes, but my pangs of hunger were calling out, and I thought about grabbing a bite to eat. Unfortunately, the food options are very limited on the weekends in downtown San Francisco, so I was required to travel outside of my two block radius. I ventured out towards the Ferry Building to hit up Taylor's Refresher.

Taylor's is a very popular burger bar (because they serve wine and beer) and in a very prime location in the recently renovated Ferry Building along San Francisco's Embarcadero waterfront. I was in a bit of a rush, so I didn't order alcohol with my meal, just a bacon cheeseburger and fries and a bottle water.

Taylor's serves a pretty darn good burger, on a very unique roll, fresh ingredients and all around good flavor. The patty is on the thin side (no grilling preference option) but it's tasty and filling. They toast the bun, but probably not enough. It's a great place to soak in the sun on a lazy weekend. In my honest opinion, people should start reviewing these fries because they are some of the best. They are much more exciting than the burger.

Verdict: The fries out-do the burger today. I think my tomato was served at a warmer temperature than my patty. But yes, the fries were really that good.

No comments: