Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ahi Seared Rare

16 March 2008
Taylor's Refresher: 1 Ferry Plaza along the Embarcadero in San Francisco
Cost: $13.99 (ahi burger, fries extra)

Image Source: blogger's own

As a way of expanding my readership and interests, I will be including fish burgers and veggie burgers in my postings. Someone in passing informed me about Taylor's fish - and since it's located along the SF Embarcadero's Ferry Plaza, I thought I'd give their fish a try.

Verdict: Although pricey, Taylor's Ahi Burger is grilled, and not deep-fried like a lot of other fish burgers. The cross section is "seared-rare" and the seasoning and taste is like high-quality tuna sashimi. I probably would have preferred a toastier bun, over Taylor's egg-roll bun that wasn't quite toasted to my liking, but the Ahi steak was quite phenomenal.

No comments: