Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Little Let Down

1 April 2007-
Darla's:
822 Irving Street in San Francisco
Cost: $6.95 (bacon cheeseburger, fries included)

Image Source: blogger's own

I heard so much hype about Darla's that I think my expectations were overly inflated. I read about their infamous shakes, the service, the burger patty quality, etc. which all added up to a pretty darn-good burger. However, when I arrived one Sunday evening, after the Sunset season-opener, I couldn't help but feel a little let down.

I was greeted by a drab ambiance, and the interior felt pretty empty and lonely. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger and a strawberry shake. Other than a french roll shaped bun, there was really nothing that extraordinary about the burger. I couldn't help but feel a little let down.

No comments: