Saturday, September 02, 2006

Best in a While

2 September 2006-
Burger Depot: 1116 Solano Avenue in Albany
Cost: $5.25 (bacon cheeseburger, fries extra)

Image Source: blogger's own

Burger Depot is a very nondescript sort of divey restaurant in lower Solano Avenue in Albany run by a very friendly 'mom and pop'. I was the only one in the place on a late Saturday evening, and presumably the owners executed TQM over my burger, and this was definitely reflected in the burger experience.

The burger was served, piled high with fixings and perfectly golden fries. Everything else about the burger met my criteria and then some: toasted bun, crunchy bacon, bermuda onions, a juicy patty grilled about medium-rare by default, (no grilling preference specification), a fat tomato and swiss cheese.

I caught the 'pop', the primary burger preparer observe the thorough photo documentation process, and my enthusiastic ingestion of this burger feast with an amiable smirk on his face. I knew he knew what's up, and I also knew he knew I knew what's up.

No comments: