Saturday, December 15, 2007

Overflowing Dressings

15 December 2007-
Oakland Grill: 301 Franklin Street in Oakland
Cost: $8.25 (bacon cheeseburger, fries included)

Image Source: blogger's own

There's this handwritten, handpainted sign on Broadway around Third Street in Jack London Square advertising Oakland Grill's burgers and brunch. I've noticed it for years, but couldn't locate the restaurant or decided against seeking out the restaurant because I thought the sign looked too old and cheesy. Then one day, I was in the neighborhood because I just got into this car accident near by and I had my car towed to the area.

I couldn't believe how packed this place was. I knew I stumbled upon a hidden gem in Jack London Square's produce and packing district. You walk in, and you enter this beautiful cross-section of the diversity which describes downtown Oakland.

Verdict: Although the place was bustling, the staff seemed extremely professional and on top of everything. I really liked the presentation on my plate and the burger reflected "comfort food" to the maximum capacity. My baby (my car) was just totalled, but the burger at Oakland Grill relieved a lot my tensions. All I could think about during the meal was "Overflowing Dressings" - the fixings were amazing. You even get some fresh cut fruit on the side.

No comments: